New MRI at PRP Norwest
PRP Norwest are pleased to announce the installation of a second MRI opening on November 18 2019.
PRP Norwest’s brand new Advanced 3T Siemens MAGNETOM Vida MRI scanner offers:
- Improved image quality
- Improved patient comfort (wide bore MRI, free breathing imaging)
- Faster scan times & wider range of MRI examinations
- Continued excellent patient experience
The new unit is the first MRI scanner with BioMatrix technology, resulting in fewer rescans, better patient scheduling and consistent, high-quality personalised exams. It will provide state of the art MRI imaging to the Norwest community, meeting the increasing demand for complex MRI including whole-body, neurospinal, cardiology, and prostate imaging. Patients also will benefit from the scanner’s wide bore access.
Other key benefits include:
- Ability to perform free-breathing liver dynamic scans, providing clearer images for patients who have trouble with breath-holding
- Capacity for cardiac examinations under free breathing, capturing the full cardiac MR picture even for acutely ill patients
- Capability to perform whole-body MRI exams reliably and predictably in just 25 minutes, with the future potential to streamline oncology staging and progress assessment
The high imaging quality of both of the MRI scanners will support better diagnosis and treatment of a range of pathologies such as stroke, many cancers,
spinal disease, abdominal conditions and musculoskeletal ailments.